Monday, August 27, 2012

Leo's first days

Leo arrived on Friday, August 24th at 2:15 P.M.



I caught a quick glimpse of him as they lifted him up and through this window to the NICU.


Scott went over to see him.


They did a procedure to put a line into his umbilical cord. I went a few hours later and got to hold him for about 5 minutes. Then we had to leave so they could move his IV from his head (where it was coming out) to his foot.



The transport team came by my room so we could see him before he went over to Primary Childrens.  He got to ride over in this set-up.


We visit him in this little home of his while he waits for his first surgery. The kids have come to visit.  Macy made him this little sign for his bed and Abe showed him the tractor he picked out to share with him. 










 Leo spends a lot of time pondering life. Maybe he knows more than we do. 








11 comments:

  1. He is too cute. Look at those cheeks! And I am sure that he knows more than we do...we miss you guys and you are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is perfect in every way! I can't wait until I'm not sick and I can see him in real life. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a perfect little sweetheart and reminds me of his daddy a few years back. Can't wait to meet him in person. We will be thinking of you tomorrow with lots of love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is beautiful!! thank you for posting all these pictures! they tug at my heart strings. prayers are being sent heavenward constantly on your behalf. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, he's perfectly edible. Those cheeks! Those perfectly newborn eyes! I love Macy's sign. And that's quite the "home" he's got there, it looks like he's well taken care of. This is a post I'll be revisiting many times a day. Love you guys. Praying praying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so blasted handsome!! You guys are amazing and he is amazing...so I guess he fits right in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is as sweet as can be. What a trooper he is! Love you all. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautfil baby boy!!! Love the pictures! We have been thinking about you and your beautiful family so much lately!! Praying daily!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been following your blog, haven't talked to you since high school but my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Your little guy shares a b-day with my daughter and mom. Something about this day produces little fighters, he will is off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete